August 7, 2011

Week One in a nutshell

So I started off the week feeling pretty good about this story. Loved my characters, thought the plot line worked pretty well, all that jazz. The first chapter basically wrote itself, which was nice. Also had a lot of fun writing some future parts with the nightmare sequences. Those are pretty fun, too.

Then somewhere around Thursday, I got to the part where the antagonists were introduced and just wasn't feeling it. So I wrote more nightmare sequences! And then realized how action-light this story really is when I was imagining something really exciting.

And now it's turned into a completely different story (different genre and everything), but with the same characters. It'll be fun. :D

There is no way I will regret redoing the entire story at the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. How come you're waiting until the end of the month to redo it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, that was just oddly phrased. I'm redoing it now; I just meant I won't (read: probably will) regret doing this when I'm thousands of words behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, ok! I get it now. You can do it! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete