February 7, 2011

Editing scripts while sleep-deprived: A brief look.

Script:

CHESTER
I used to be a Mountie, I'll have you know. That is...
(Looks haunted)
Before the Summer of the Squirrel Moose.
(He slowly puts his hands over his face, breathing heavily. The others just stare at him.)

ASHLEY
Sorry. Sometimes he has Squirrel Moose flashbacks.

TESSA
I'm sorry, but... what in the name of sanity is a squirrel moose?

ASHLEY
Half squirrel, half moose.

CHESTER
(In a dark voice)
All deadly.

Meanwhile, this whole time I've been giggling like mad. And, like I usually do when I'm overtired, I decide to bother my mother.


Me: Mom! Mooom! In the play, there's a Squirrel Moose!
Mom: *At a loss for words*
Me: It's half squirrel, half moose. All. Deadly.
Mom: *Sighs*

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, writing/editing while sleep deprived adds a whole different spin to the work! Like squirrel moose. Ha!

    ReplyDelete