March 16, 2011

Qs for Yous*

*Title pilfered and modified from Rachelle Gardner. I am so sorry.

It's so beautiful outside that I can't concentrate on anything. I actually skipped class (OK, so that was more of the fact that I needed to go to the Secretary of State and get my registration renewed). So here are some questions for all of you out there.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? (To clarify, just in case: do you outline your stories, or do you make them up as you go along?)
I'm more of a plotter, but leave wiggle room.

Where's your starting point for writing? Do you usually think of the characters first? The basic premise? The plot? Title first? First sentence? Last sentence? A particular scene? Anything else I failed to mention?
I tend to flip-flop between the characters and the premise.

Music while you write?
Only instrumental here. Can't concentrate if it has words.

And now it's your turn. :)

1 comment:

  1. This has nothing to do with this post, but I couldn't find the post it does. It was the one post about telling people you major in writing. I cane across this picture and thought of that post lol http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhqz85pJmY1qhd2y8o1_400.jpg

    Lessee, answers to the questions...

    I'm a pants-er for the most part.
    I start at the beginning and go forward, haha. Really though, it all depends on the story. Sometimes it's the characters sometimes it's the story.
    I love music while I write, lyrics, no lyrics, fitting of the scene or not. Either way. But I gotta have music.

    ReplyDelete