March 14, 2011

The aforementioned proper post.

So I finally heard about the New Play Project. And I got in. :D It actually turns out that one of my old classmates from EfA Drama and Screenwriting in high school is in the class, too. I don't know if I mentioned what we're actually going to be doing in the class. We're going to be writing a live serial over the semester, so that'll be really cool.

In honor of National Pi Day, here's a math-related love poem containing all the math concepts I understand. :) It's called Casting Nines.

If I were casting nines
And I cast out you
I’d cast out seven
And then me two

If we were a triangle
You’d be Leg B
I’d be Leg A
So the hypotenuse is you and me

If I was X
And you were Y
Then our love would be
(xy)2 = ∏

You’re my common denominator
My other digit and radius
The 1 degree who makes 360
Dividing by zero would destroy us

(xy)2 / 0 = ………

But since you’ve been gone
Since you left me
Our right triangle
Became my isosceles

I was casting nines
I cast out you
So I’ll cast out seven
And then me two.

Have a nice day, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That sounds great. Keep us posted!

    That poem is funny...as a former math major, I appreciate the humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will. It'll definitely be a unique experience since it's all collaboration and not just among writing students, but with theater students, too. I hope we're allowed to film performances. :D

    And thank you. :) I commend your abilities to understand math well enough to major in it.

    ReplyDelete