March 11, 2011

Friday Fragments

1) So... with the New Play Project and the Creative Writing Awards... they said we would hear about both things shortly after spring break. Spring break has been over since technically Sunday. No news about anything. I wonder if they're trying to drive us insane.

2) It was my poor mother's 50th birthday on Wednesday. My uncle Chris asked her at her birthday party, "So, how does it feel to know half your life is over?"
Let me tell you something crazy about the March birthdays on my mom's side of the family, though. Mom and her younger brother, Uncle Kevin, are four years apart. Mom's birthday is March 9. Uncle Kevin's birthday is March 15. His oldest daughter Chelsea's birthday is March 5. My birthday is March 19. Chelsea and I are 4 years apart in age.
CRAZY WEIRD. I know.

3) Here are two of my best friends, Kirstin and Courtney, being hilarious. (Kirstin's iPod was hooked up to the sound system, I was pressing random buttons and landed on "It's All Coming Back to Me Now", and this happened.)


4) I found this cool website where they have a writing competition once a month, and it only costs $5 to enter. Yeah, I know. It's called WritersType.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Patience, my dear! (And let us know when you do hear anything.)

    4. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to check it out...I like contests with small (or free!) entrance fees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I have an uncle named Chris!

    It's also funny that your mom's b-day is the 9th and your b-day ends in a 9, your cousin's is the 5th and her dad's ends in a 5.

    ReplyDelete