May 6, 2011

Friday Fragments

Haha, just kind of disappeared again this week. Sorry about that. I have no real excuse except I was either out doing stuff or reading stuff or writing stuff. So yeah.

1) Here's an awesome thing of the day from Letters of Note about libraries. You can get the full context at their blog, but here are a couple of the letters:



I love that Dr. Seuss' letter is written in crayon. There are also letters from EB White and Hardie Gramatky which are really interesting.

2) So it's Mother's Day on Sunday. Most people get their mothers some kind of plant life... but not for my mother. You see, she kills every plant she touches. I wrote a poem about it last year. She wasn't amused.

3) Wednesday night at youth group, there was a conspiracy to saran-wrap my friend Joe's car. It was amazing.


4) School starts again on Monday. This semester I'm taking:
Communication Inquiry (which I recently learned is basically how to do research)
Piano Class I
New Play Project (which will be super awesome)
Group Problem Solving
None of the classes sound particularly difficult (except maybe piano class...), though NPP will probably present its own challenges. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Have a good weekend, everybody! And if you're a mom, happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Very cool. I live in the city next to Troy, so I've heard all about the possible closing. At least it's staying open for the time being!!

    2. Ha! What did you get her this year?

    3. I really want to do that to someone's car someday... =)

    4. Sounds like a good schedule. Piano class? Like you learn to play piano? Or you learn about the piano? I'm intrigued.

    Also, AVPM 3??? What??? When???

    ReplyDelete