April 13, 2011

Oh my WOW, people.

I am now intimidated by the number of comments on Monday's post. It's kind of amazing how many kind of obscure lines got thrown out there.

Just to clarify. The post/contest will be closed to comments at 11:59 EST tomorrow night AKA 4/14. Or whenever Doctor Who finishes on PBS/WGVU. (Oh yes.)

Friday's going to be a Very Special Episode Post. So today, you get whatever the heck this is (just for reference, this was written in a cootie catcher). Because sometimes it's fun to do things a little differently.



Strangers
"Hey, 3:15 Guy."
"...What?"
"That's what I call you in my head. 3:15 Guy. Cuz you always come here at 3:15."
"Oh." Beat. "My name's Rory."
"Mine's Kaleigh."
"Can I have a root beer float?"
"Oh. Yeah!"

Friends
[Insert picture of Rory and Kaleigh here. Actually, you know what?]
Good enough.
Maybe.
   That's a good word for this.


Not Enough
"So... you haven't been around lately."
"Yeah, just don't have much time."
Beat.
"...Usual?" Read: Missed you.
"Yep." Read: You too.

Beginnings
"I need to ask you something."
"Yeah?"
"Do you like..."
"..."
"...Root beer floats?" This is code for someone.
"Do you?"
"...Well, isn't it obvious?"

--

Yeah, it's kind of open-ended, but it was fun trying to fit in a story on a cootie catcher.

So challenge! If you would like to. Try to write a story in a format other than the typical "Someone said, 'Dialogue,' and then there was prose." fashion. If you do it, just tell me, and I will give you a doodly-type avatar thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment