March 25, 2011

Friday Fragments

Wow, it's already Friday. It appears the timey-wimey-rollercoaster that comes after spring break has set in. (Timey-Wimey-Rollercoaster: Time appears to accelerate and weeks pass before you realize it.)

1) Don't know how I missed this last week, but they cast Katniss in The Hunger Games adaption. I was kind of rooting for this unknown actress on YouTube, but if they say she's good, then I'll trust their decision. Now I guess they're focusing on Peeta.

2) I became Facebook-popular this week with this music video I've been working on to Owl City's "If My Heart Was A House". Two weeks with Paintbrush and Windows Movie Maker. And it's not finished yet.


3) If you're like me, you might occasionally wonder what kinds of delightful stories JK Rowling is cooking up these days. College Humor has an answer.

4) A conversation from Wednesday:
Nurse: So what's your major?
Me: Creative Writing.
Nurse: Oh my gosh, WHY? What can you do with that?
Me: *Stunned laughter*
True story. Have to give her credit for being honest.

Well, have a great weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your video is so cool! I wait impatiently for the finished product!

    Next time someone asks what you can do with your creative writing major, tell them you can do more with it than a person with an English degree. English degrees have become like business degrees, they're a dime a dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! :D The second half just has so... much... animating... which is difficult to manage when you're only using Paint and Windows Movie Maker.

    You're right about that. People who specialize are pretty much rare breeds.

    ReplyDelete