January 25, 2011

This is the first time in my life I've been considered stylish.

 I love the internet. I do.

Erin over at Quitting My Day Job, decided that I deserved this Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you very kindly, Erin! I have no idea what stylish blogging means, but apparently I'm doing something right with this thing. :) If you haven't read Erin's blog, you really should. Lots of great insight and stories. She actually up and moved to Mitten, USA to concentrate on writing. Now that is dedication to your craft, people.

So there are some rules for this award.

1) Thank the person who gave you this award and link back to them.
2) Share seven things about yourself.
3) Pass the award the bloggers whom you have recently discovered and who you think are great.
4) Contact the bloggers you've chosen and let them know about the award.

OK, seven things.

1) I have a scar on my right hand from when I fell down a flight of stairs three years ago. It's really faint, but it's there.
2) I've had the nickname Qzie since I was fourteen. It came from a story that a few of us were collaborating on. And by gum, it was hilarious. And it could definitely be salvaged if we tried.
3) I didn't grow up on Harry Potter. I grew up on A Series of Unfortunate Events. And you know what? I still prefer ASoUE. And I am not ashamed of that.
4) I keep using the name "Charlie" for characters and have no idea why.
5) My catchphrase in high school was: "Look! It's the ice cream man! Let's go!" For explanation, see #2.
6) Now my catchphrase is: "Allons-y, Alonso!" Yes. I am that nerd.
7) The only piece of writing that I ever turned in to a contest* was for this play competition about finding your voice. My skit was called "Stockholm Syndrome: 'I Love You, Can I Use The Bathroom?'" It was one of five winners. I hated it so much. But the actors were so funny they made me kind of tolerate my nonsense.

*I wasn't going to, but my best friend grabbed the script from my backpack and turned it in. Ah, best friends. Always shenaniganizing.

Now the people who will probably notice someone with a nearly unpronounceable username giving them the Stylish Blogger Award. Whatever that means.

DaveTree Photography
This is a Blog
Kara Mustafa
Fiction Fusion

We are so stylish with our blogging. Apparently. :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!! No one has ever called me stylish before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you very much for the award and congrats to yourself as well! ^_^ #3 made me smile, because I did read those before HP and I do prefer them over HP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara: You're welcome! :)
    Sara: You're welcome. ^^ Yeah, you learn way more about literature in ASoUE than in HP.

    Whoa. Kara and Sara. HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yey! Thank you :D I am so stylish *flips up collar and looks cool* :P

    I want to read your play, because I absolutely LOVE Stockholm syndrome. Why yes, I am weird haha

    ReplyDelete